Tuesday, June 24, 2014

In the news today (random musings after reading the news this morning)

Things that go through my head when I read the news. My thoughts in bold.

"A magnitude-8 earthquake has struck in the northern Pacific but is not linked to this morning's 7.2 quake closer to New Zealand, GeoNet says.
The North Pacific quake was off the coast of the Rat Islands, about 2000 kilometres west of the Alaskan peninsula at 8.53am (NZ time)."
I wonder if there are rats on Rat Island? 

"Crime scene investigators can tell what a person ate and drank before they committed a crime, thanks to pioneering fingerprint technology.  The microscopic technology is called Matrix Assisted Laser Desorption Ionisation Mass Spectrometry Imaging"
I wonder if they can tell if you have been masturbating? {#giggle.gif}

"Train hits woman taking pictures on St. Augustine railroad tracks. The Florida Times-Union reports Smith told investigators she remembers taking pictures of the train but can't recall anything after being hit."
One word STUPID!!!!

"As many as ten people were shot, two fatally, in an eruption of gunfire outside and apartment building in the Liberty City section of Miami early Tuesday, according to Media."
It's just another day in paradise .....

An Arizona man was arrested after police say he followed a couple around town harassing and threatening them because he thought the car was a spaceship and the driver was an alien.
He must be related to the guy in South Carolina who built this -


Ok enough of this for now.   Have a nice day !!

9 comments:

  1. does the word 'silly' come to mind? preceded by 'universally' :)
    tks, best of to you as well....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? you think I am silly ? *smiles* Hey, someone has to be silly. You know it makes you smile !!

      Delete
    2. Oops or maybe you meant these people in the news stories, now they are crazy, but I am silly , or maybe just weirdly wonderful? haha, thanks for taking time to read and comment Hugh

      Delete
  2. "It's just another day in paradise ....."

    It is cool when they reduce their own ranks. To bad that innocents are so often caught in the crossfire, though ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It goes on and on everyday in some of these cities. Maybe not to that extent, but at least once a day in some places. Yes, it is the innocent ones that make this so sad. But the thugs........ I say kill yourselves off, the world would be a better place for it.

      Delete
  3. HELLO there! Glad to see you back, also glad to see no Aliens beamed you aboard and stole you sense of humor! P.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I am back home. Grandchildren are here so my writing may be sporadic, but I will do my best. Hope you have a beautiful week my dear friend.

      Delete
  4. Interesting stuff for reading in my day! :-)

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...