Sunday, July 13, 2014

Just ramblings before bedtime

I'm painting again.  It seems like I am always painting. I swore to myself many years ago when I was painting our house in South Carolina that I would never paint again.  And I didn't , for years. The previous owner of this house had painted all the rooms military gray. I hated that gray, but I refused to paint.  Then one day I realized how depressing that gray really was, so I started painting rooms . Off and on for awhile I painted till there was no more gray.

Then a couple of years ago,  I decided I did not like the color I had painted a couple of the rooms so I say to my daughter-

"we are going to paint the kitchen, and the foyer, and the hall, and the bathroom, and the livingroom"

So we painted and painted and one day we had all those rooms painted.

Well daughter got married and moved away, far away, to Idaho, with her husband who is in the Air Force.

So I decided I would paint her room. Why?  Well, everytime I walk by her room, I see it the color she painted it and I want her to be home !!  But that is not something that is going to happen, so I am painting her room and making it the guest room.  And SHE will be the first guest because she is coming for a short visit in September.  I hope she likes what I do with her room .

Anyway, I think I am done painting for now (as soon as I finish her room).

I am a perfectionist when it comes to painting , but I am also quite sloppy. I get paint everywhere.  I am still trying to figure out how I get paint on my boobs but not on my shirt.  It isn't like I lift my shirt when I am painting, but I always end up with paint on my boobs.   It's a mystery to me.

Well I really have nothing to say tonight, but I felt I should write something to keep myself in the habit.

I hope you all have a beautiful week ahead.

Oh, my daughter has started her own blog, so if you look on the right hand side of my homepage here, you will see a list of blogs I call "Good Reads". She will be the one called "The Idaho Girl" .  Please take a minute to click on it and visit her page and maybe even leave her a comment or two. She is a good writer and she is also very witty so you might find yourself wanting to follow along with her on her Idaho adventures.  I appreciate anyone who gives her encouragement to write and I thank you ahead of time. Oh and thank you to those who have already visited her page through Google+  .  I am shamelessly promoting her again because she is worth the time to read !!!

Here is a link to her page also if you just want to click from here:

http://defenderwife.blogspot.com/

She has already written two posts , the first one kind of introducing herself to her readers.



5 comments:

  1. Can't say I ever got paint on my boobs ... but I think Congress passed a law that forbids Rusty to approach than 25' to an open paint can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are a lot of people who should never get near paint. I'm messy, but I do a good job, with a lot of cleanup haha.

      Delete
  2. I always wondered when I painted, how I did get paint sometimes, where I did? Your daughter has a helluva sense of humor! G.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I appreciate you stopping by to see her and thanks for taking time to comment. I hope she is very active on her blog.She will probably write on the days that her husband is at work, when she is home alone. Yes, when she lived at home there was not a day that went by that she didn't make me laugh. :-)

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed reading your daughter Blog's Lia! She is very talented like you too...! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...