Thursday, August 28, 2014

I've looked for you in my dreams and in my reality
I've desired to taste both the sweet and bitter of you
For months and months I have sought you
Only to be met with impenetrable walls of darkness

Today I gave up, and turned out my light.
I think you understand why, but if you don't
Look just below the setting sun
The place where darkness descends

Keep your darkness and I'll keep mine
Walk down a deserted highway and shout my name
Listen!  The echo you will hear is me doing the same
Then we can both pretend that everything is fine

If we should meet again in the glow of a street lamp
Or by the light of the midnight moon
Let us pause for a moment and say hello
Then walk away, and leave it at that


Had you let me,  I would have caused those walls to crumble
And let the light and the colors of the universe come flooding in ...


Lia~    8/28/2014


6 comments:

  1. ... oof! Don't know whether to tippy toe out or comment ... well written! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Thanks I like knowing that you have stopped in and read.

      Hope you did not watch the news today by the way.

      Delete
  2. As always, I love them too! I've been away for several days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Glen :-) Yes, I have noticed you missing in action. Hope you were getting some rest and relaxation?

      Delete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...