Saturday, August 2, 2014

On a Saturday afternoon...

The sun shines brightly through the window as she gazes off into the distance .

Thoughts race through her head , then gradually slow down, till she is able to grasp and sort through them .

Keeping some to ponder, casting aside others, to be forgotten .

What is real ? And what is imagination ?

Trying ,

she struggles to make sense, where there is no sense .

A cloud obscures the sun and the room darkens , along with her mood .

She slips into a corner of her mind, behind a wall made from time, experiences, and betrayal .

Time stands still as she closes her eyes , so as not to be distracted by the outside world .

She searches the space behind the wall ,  for something only she can find .

A memory flashes like lightning, but is quickly gone, and then another and another .

Outside the window she hears the rain begin to fall .

It lulls her into a deep and dreamless sleep .

In the distance thunder rolls, like the hooves of a thousand horses pounding the ground .

She dreams then , as the horses draw closer she knows she will be trampled, unless she can find ...

What ?

Her mind fades to black.


She awakens with a start , the sun once again shining brightly through the window .

She remembers then what it was she was searching for ...

Clarity


8/2/2014  ~Lia~


4 comments:

  1. Good! Good!

    (kinda clarifies things as well ... )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by and reading . I do appreciate you very much. And I am always happy to get a compliment from you my friend. Have a beautiful weekend.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I'm glad you do Glen ! I'm trying to get back into the swing of things here. Have a great week and I will be visiting GlenView everyday for my daily smiles :-)

      Delete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...