Saturday, April 9, 2016

Written in Blood (from the archives)




i wrote to heal myself , and i wrote to heal you , and as i wrote you crept silently into the corner of my mind , and with each word i wrote , your presence spread like warm spilled ink , filling my mind , my every waking moment , with the essence of you, the thought of you, the love of you

and then

i wrote my heart , with the blood dripping from the wound that was torn open once again , by thoughtless words, carelessly spoken, without consideration as to how they would sound to me , the one who touched your heart , to heal you , when your heart had been torn open by another whose words , were careless too

and so

i sewed up the wound and stopped the flow of words , written in blood from my heart , and now the words are stuck inside a closed and stitched up heart , that longs to open again, but fear hinders me now, the fear that my heart will be ripped open once again by you, my flame ,  the one that i love , and long to touch

but  if

i were to allow the words to flow again , covering you like warm spilled ink , drawing you near , letting you in, filling my mind,  until my every thought, my every waking moment was filled with the essence of you, the thought of you, the love of you

would you , with careless words, rip my heart open again?

or shall we leave it this way , so my every waking thought, every waking moment, is filled with memories of what we had, memories that make me smile, and make me glad for the time, the time we had when a dream was our reality


~Lia   


I never want to be able to say, I had to heal from you...












7 comments:

  1. ohhh, never be afraid to love ... pain is so temporary ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm old, I don't bother with it anymore :-))

      Delete
  2. Enjoyed this thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for taking time to read Martin :-)

      Delete
  3. Getting your heart broken is absolutely the worst. Powerful poem Lia. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...