I was grumpy this morning. There's nothing wrong with being grumpy. Normal people have all kinds of moods and emotions and my mood for this morning was Grumpy. Various things make me grumpy from time to time and I think I will make that a regular feature of my blog here. The grumpy old woman posts. I might even change the title of my blog to Grumpy Old Woman's Blog or something like that.
I'm generally a pretty happy person overall. But I have my days, because I am a genuine human being and if you are not an elf on a shelf, but a human, sometimes you are just grumpy. I'm not one of those fake people who pretends nothing in the world bothers me or gets my goat, not that I even have a goat, but you know what I am saying here. I don't walk around with a weird grin on my face all day because that is just -- Weird.
What caused me to be grumpy this morning? I'm glad you asked, not that you did, but since you didn't ask, I will tell you. I have no idea what made me grumpy, but the grumpiness was exacerbated by things and people. You know, if it wasn't for people and things, I would probably not get grumpy very often.
Selling this house and moving to some undisclosed location in the middle of nowhere is sounding better and better. Nowhere, real nowhere, where there are no people or internet or cell phones. Heck I can do without electricity if I have a hand pump. Gonna start looking into this nowhere place and see if it exists.
I ran on the treadmill for 45 minutes at lunch hour and then I practiced drawing a cat and I felt less grumpy. I think I will find a cabin in the middle of nowhere and spend my days walking or running barefoot out in the middle of nowhere and then come back to my little cabin and draw cats all day. One day they will find my skeleton surrounded by mounds of paper with cat drawings and they will call me the crazy cat lady, even though cats are not my animal of choice. I am a bird lady, so I guess I should get busy learning to draw birds.
Hold on, I have a text...
Ok, this is why I hate cell phones and all this stinking technology. I sent a picture of my cat to my friend in Virginia, mind you, it was my first cat, but I am proud of my effort even if it's head is a bit too small. Small like he had been captured by some tribe in South America and they shrunk his head, but hey, maybe he was a cat without a brain so his head didn't grow right, right??? So, my friend, she is a pretty good artist but she has been drawing all her life and she has a natural talent for it. She first tells me the cat is pretty good. I had already warned her about his head being too small. But geesh, this is my first cat so what do you expect?? Next thing you know, she is giving me the full critique and pretty much tearing apart my poor cat. 😿 She may as well have sold him to a Chinese restaurant at this point!!
I will forgive her though, after all, she is even older than me by several years so she is a Really
grumpy old lady!
I am at a point in my life where I have learned to like me. I like the person that I am and I like that I have overcome things in my life rather than giving in to the madness and feeling sorry for myself. I did that on a couple of occasions in my life, but I always pulled myself back up and pushed on and learned lessons from my experiences and have made a nice life for myself and I did it my way.
(Hears that song in my head, thanks D for planting the seed). And I continue to try to learn new things like drawing cats LOLOL because a person should never stop learning and trying new things, because once we stop learning and trying, we may as well be dead.
I'm shutting up now because I don't toot my own horn as a general rule.
I'm off to draw another cat, one with a bigger head. 😻
Have a wonderful night. 💗
No comments:
Post a Comment