Some of you know that April is not a good month for me. Hasn't been in a long long time. Everything sad happens in April. I won't go into all of that because I have written it all before. Last year I got through it fine. I'm more accepting of the things life has to offer and the fact that so much of life is beyond our control. One has to learn to accept the bad and celebrate the good.
Yesterday they took my nephew off of life support. He has fought a long hard battle most of his life. He was sick when he was born and he has had one problem after another since then, for 30 years.
They took him off of life support, but he is breathing on his own. I want to believe that is a good thing, but the damage to his brain may not allow him to function and that is no way to "live".
I sit here on a cloudy, gloomy day, waiting, and trying not to think.
So I fill my mind with odd thoughts.
I see the bananas I bought just a couple of days ago, turning brown and I think people should not eat bananas unless they live in a place where they can pick them fresh off the tree.
I look out the front window at the neighbor's house across the street. She recently had it painted a very subtle grayish tannish color, and it looks good. But she also got a new front door and a new post for her mailbox. The front door and the post are painted the same color as each other. A color much different than that house and when I look at it, all I can think about is orange mango shit !!
I need to get my day going. I have accomplished nothing so far except to pen these few words and down a cup of coffee.
I will leave you with this cliche - Love your life, you only get one and there are no second chances.
Much love,
Lia~
Yesterday they took my nephew off of life support. He has fought a long hard battle most of his life. He was sick when he was born and he has had one problem after another since then, for 30 years.
They took him off of life support, but he is breathing on his own. I want to believe that is a good thing, but the damage to his brain may not allow him to function and that is no way to "live".
I sit here on a cloudy, gloomy day, waiting, and trying not to think.
So I fill my mind with odd thoughts.
I see the bananas I bought just a couple of days ago, turning brown and I think people should not eat bananas unless they live in a place where they can pick them fresh off the tree.
I look out the front window at the neighbor's house across the street. She recently had it painted a very subtle grayish tannish color, and it looks good. But she also got a new front door and a new post for her mailbox. The front door and the post are painted the same color as each other. A color much different than that house and when I look at it, all I can think about is orange mango shit !!
I need to get my day going. I have accomplished nothing so far except to pen these few words and down a cup of coffee.
I will leave you with this cliche - Love your life, you only get one and there are no second chances.
Much love,
Lia~
Both my parents passed in April, different years. April is bittersweet to me now.
ReplyDeleteI'm really sorry about your nephew. I know it's very painful for you and your family. (((Hugs)))
Oh no, my mom died in April many many years ago and it seems like every April since then there has been sadness in one way or the other.
DeleteOh, my nephew took his last breath about 1 PM today so his struggle is over.
Delete