I deliberately didn't write yesterday so this is going to have to cover both days. I mean, I had to NOT write at least one time this month in order to keep my tradition of breaking my new year resolution. Also, January was taking too long and I think it was because I was trying to post everyday. It became a burden and burden's tend to drag out and make time go slowly. LOL, that is my excuse and I am sticking with it.
So, I watched the impeachment trial the first day, but not all of it because hey, at my age I need my beauty sleep to save whatever I have left of beauty , which isn't a whole heck of a lot. I was looking at some old pictures from back at the beginning of the century and the new millenium and I wasn't half bad looking. Then somehow 20 years went by and now I am old. I don't know how that happened, but here I am, old. Now girls at the checkout in the supermarket call me honey and sweety, and the bag boys try to take my groceries out and if I say no, they say "are you sure?" . I guess they think I am feeble or something, but I am actually still pretty strong and get around well. But it's something about this white hair I got going on that makes them think I can't push my own cart out and load the groceries into the trunk. They never offer to come home with me and unload them and carry them into the house...
Ooops, I got side tracked up there. I was talking about the impeachment and somehow ended up at the grocery store. Yep, I am old. Anyway, I watched that first day , a good bit of it but I think I fell asleep a few times. I mean how long can one listen to Adam Schiff droning on and on saying all the same old crap he said in the hearings? Gah he is annoying! The second day, I only watched a few minutes and noticed even some of the senators were nodding off, or trying to keep from nodding off.
Today I watched none of it, but I read a news story about it earlier. I read all the comments after the story too and I am sorry but this one made me laugh. Hey, I know some of you are dying to see the president get removed from office. I know it would make your day, so I am not putting this here to offend anyone. I just thought this comment was funny.
"Seriously Dems why do you need more witnesses when you have all of that indisputable evidence below? Brennan- We have indisputable evidence Comey-We have proof beyond a doubt Schiff-We have an imaginary whistleblower, who only I can see Mueller- Duh what was I investigating? Pelosi-We made up 2 fake crimes Lev Parnas- The felon note scribbler GAO-issues an Opinion Dems- you have to prove you are innocent. Really Dems when are you going to prove that he committed a crime it's been over 3 years now? The Dems who cried Wolf...LMAO "
Anyway, enough of that.
I hope you all have a great weekend.
Much love <3 p="">3>
Lia
It's happened to me too...the grocery store and even Total Wine...everyone here in The South seems to think I need help with the groceries. Once in Publix the "bag boy" asked me if I needed help with my bags...this was particularly "funny" because this senior citizen bag boy looked like he was 20 years older than I...I was truly stunned and I was thinking that I should be helping HIM!
ReplyDeleteAs for the impeachment proceedings it's really theater/nonsense....there are many legitimate reasons to take issue with ANY incumbents policies and Trump is no exception but rather than do that the democrats are doing what they are doing...not sure if things would be any different if the parties were reversed...at this point the system is dysfunctional and I am very glad I am "old."
I agree with you, the whole thing is "theater/nonsense" and I also agree if the tables were turned it would probably still be "theater/nonsense". I agree with everything you said actually. And I too am glad I am "old".
DeleteI often wonder what kind of country/world my children and grandchildren will be living in...
First let me say that I see I forgot the apostrophe in incumbent's policies above...I really dislike getting this sloppy....I do know the difference between possessive and plural!
ReplyDeleteAnd you hit the key point when you wonder about what kind of world your grandchildren will be living in. I have been saying for years to people that the world their grandchildren will live in will be very different from that which we spent most of our time in....it's hard to be optimistic. When my Mother would see all the insanity she would say "It's not my world anymore." and as time goes by I understand what she was saying and she was unfortunately very perceptive and very accurate.
I think your mother was a wise woman. As for myself, I will be 65 this summer. I may live another 20 years or more, or maybe not so long. I am sad that my kids and grandkids will have to deal with the craziness that this world has become.
DeleteI don't notice any mistakes, grammatical or spelling when I read comments. And if I did, I can't say anything because I notice these things more when I go back and re-read my posts. I have gotten very sloppy in my old age when it comes to such things.