Monday, February 17, 2020

I missed it again!



This happens to me every year. I miss Spring. Not that we have a real Spring down here in the land of eternal Summer, but what passes for Spring, I always miss. It goes like this--
The leaves on the Maple tree don't turn colors until December, and then they aren't really brilliant colors like the Maple trees back home in Indiana, just tired oranges and reds and yellows that really feel like browns. Then they stay on the tree all through December and all through January and into February. Then we get a very windy day, and they all blow off, or most of them. There are always some hanger ons that refuse to let go. Then within that same week, we always get some summery days, it happens every February. And overnight this happens...
This image has an empty alt attribute; its file name is dscn0584.jpg
Summer in February


One day, no leaves. The next day a full tree of summer green. No in between. I want to one time, just look out and see little budding leaves on that tree. Just once, so I can say I had my Spring. This is one of the many things I still to this day have not gotten used to. Spring that comes in the dead of night when everyone is sleeping and leaves before we wake up!
I foolishly got sick this week. I never get sick, but now I am sick. My little granddaughter keeps telling me I have the coronavirus! I never should have gone into WalMart last week! I rarely ever go in there, but no, I stupidly went in there last week as a matter of convenience and now I am sick. I never get sick, so I am blaming WalMart. I did reassure my granddaughter that I don't have the coronavirus ( I hope lol). Anyway, I am nursing myself back to health because no one else is gonna do it, and I don't do doctors. Well I would if they were really good looking, but.... Oh wait, nevermind 🤭
Sorry I haven't been writing. I just haven't taken the time, but now I have time so this is what ya get.
Oh here are a few more pictures of stuff out in my yard, flowers and maters. That's all I've got right now, but flowers and maters mean Summer. See, I told you I missed Spring again!
That's it folks. That's all I've got for now. See you next time.
Bye
Me 💖

1 comment:

  1. Hi my friend. I hope you are feeling much better. I spent this weekend getting rid of a bug I probably got from a coworker. I don't like WalMart either, lol. I avoid it like the coronavirus, lol. Take care. Hugs and kisses.

    ReplyDelete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...