Wednesday, August 25, 2021

A conversation with myself

 Girl, when are you going to start writing again?


Girl?  What do you mean "girl"??  I haven't been a girl in decades.  Oh wait, that didn't sound right, especially in this day and age with all this "confusion" people have.  I am definitely female, but girl sounds like you are talking to a 10 year old.   Add 56 years to that and you don't have a girl, you have an old granny.  


Oh geesh, all that and you didn't answer the question!


That's because I don't have an answer.  I don't know why I haven't written. I think about it from time to time and even pull up this white screen, but words don't come to me.  It's been that way since she did what she did..


Why don't you write about her?   


I thought about it at first, but I was so angry at her for doing what she did.  I know, that is terrible, to be angry, but it was the only feeling I could muster there in the beginning.  I would look at those two beautiful children she left behind and I would just feel anger toward her.  And I didn't want to write about how angry I was at my own deceased daughter.  I only really told one person (online) that I was angry. 


Okay, but time has passed and I know you are not angry anymore, so maybe it is time to write about her?


I'm thinking about it, but when I think about it, I just want to cry, and then the words don't come.


I understand that, but wasn't writing always therapeutic for you?  I mean think about that dark time, back in 2010.  Writing helped to heal you.


You are right.  Maybe it is time.


Good girl.


UGH I am not a girl!!! 


You are always so difficult!!


*SMILES*



5 comments:

  1. This is a good start to writing again. You know anger is a normal reaction for what happened. I can only imagine the pain you've felt. I wish I had more words of comfort. Dealing with the passings of those we love is hard and for us who care about you, finding the words of comfort is as difficult as it can get. You're in my thoughts and prayers always my dear friend. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only feel pain in bits and pieces. There are no words Greg and I don't really expect words because what can anyone say?? Just knowing you take time to speak is good enough for me. 💖

      Delete
  2. OMG....awful...so sorry to "hear" this...words do not exist.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No need for words my friend. Like I told Greg in the comment above, it is enough for me to know you have been "here" to read what I had to say. I tried to write about it when it first happened but I myself had no words. She took her own life and left two beautiful children. There really are no words. 💖

      Delete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...