Wednesday, September 15, 2021

From my front yard

Got to watch the rocket launch with the four civilians on board this evening.  

Got this one picture of the rocket booster descending after separation. First time I have seen one this well.




9 comments:

  1. How cool! Nice pic! It's great you live where you can see the launches.
    I pray you are doing well my dear friend. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm doing better. It's a day by day thing. Some days better, some days worse. I know you understand. <3

      Delete
  2. I wanted to add I got an email alert you posted this just a few minutes before I came over here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know when that was supposed to end, the email alerts. Maybe they changed their mind about eliminating it.

      Delete
  3. No notices here, have to check reader

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow Steve!! long time no see! Thanks for stopping by. Maybe sooner or later I will start writing again :-)

      Delete
  4. Lived in eastern FL...Boynton Beach/Deerfield for almost 5 years and never was able to see a launch! FWIW I am still receiving email alerts...I hope they forget about discontinuing them...if they do discontinue to me it means they might be thinking about killing the platform...one can NOT depend on Google for anything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that is a shame you never saw a launch. I never get tired of them for some reason. Maybe because it is the only excitement in this one horse town !! I really hope they don't discontinue this platform. I like it better than Wordpress and I don't want to lose touch with the couple of people I follow here such as yourself.

      If for some reason this ever goes down, my email address is perfectmindstorm @ gmail.com (separated deliberately !)

      Delete
  5. Thank You for the contact info...I will send you an email so your address gets into my contacts. I had a good friend in South Florida...and engineer that worked for me 1990-1994 and when I returned to this area I had hoped to visit him.. He was a damn good photographer and he sent me numerous high res shots of nigh launches...so my plan was to head down there some time and watch a launch. Received and email from him November 2019...I sent him a few over the next 2-3-4 months...heard nothing back...strange...did a google and found an obit saying he passed Dec 26, 2019...he was ~6 years younger than I and in damn good shape...wonder if he got covid-ed...guess I will never know...last year was not a good year...lost another long time good friend...I guess that is the phase we are in...

    ReplyDelete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...