Friday, October 21, 2022

10.1 Miles

 

Today I made it past the 10 mile mark. Yay Me!!! I'm sending a friend who rides (real rides over 10 miles lol) to check it out this weekend. If it is clear, I am making it to the next county on the next ride. Possibly this coming week. So yes, I am plugging along and this time it was easy, although the way back seemed longer. It was nice and cool this morning, around 58 so that made for a pleasant ride. I just wish the weather would stay cool from her on out, but this is Florida and we have eternal summer so no sense to wish for the impossible. As a wise man whose guts I hate now (well maybe not hate, but strongly don't like), told me, "embrace your environment". So I grudgingly embrace eternal summer but I miss seasons!

Here is a picture of the trail. I love it because this part is all rural and I miss living in the country which I did most of my life. Maybe I will again someday. Ya just never know where life will bring you. I had a selfie of me with my bike helmet on, but I decided I am just too old to be posting my mug online. I don't want to scare my friends away hahahaha!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Much Love,

Lia 10/21/2022


10 comments:

  1. I am envious! I would REALLY like having a trail that nice that was close to me AND the ability to do longer rides is a HUGE plus. Regular long rides will put you in GREAT shape AND it's easy on the body. Those mild temperatures make things nice too! We have had a couple 30 degree mornings...bbbrrr that's cold and that is ~15+ degrees below average. OK...ENOUGH Winter...I'm ready for Spring! In my old age I have about a 1 degree comfort range! Keep on riding!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is a whole system of trails here in this state. A good part of this system goes through rural areas, but some of them go through towns. I am glad this one is so close and I hope to see more of it once I build up my strength. I am striving for 20 miles, but that will be awhile, maybe not too many weeks. We shall see. The coolest we have gotten so far is 52 degrees and that is below average for Florida this time of year, but I love it. I may not love 30 degrees though !

      Delete
    2. You are VERY fortunate you have all those trails so close to you! Also, I am a firm believer in starting any exercise program VERY slowly...you want to give your body plenty of notice...so doing your 10 for a bit...maybe every other day....will get you ready to do more...maybe pick up the pace a bit on the 10 for a while after it gets easy....

      Have a 12 qt crockpot cooking up some stew...good cold weather food. I'll freeze most of it in 1 quart containers so I'll have many days of no effort meals. 1 qt is good for 3 days for me.

      One more week and it's November...almost forgot Halloween coming up. Election, Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year then on to 2023! Didn't accomplish much in 2022 but I am OK with that!

      Delete
  2. That's awesome! Much better than I can do. My bike rides consist of a bike that goes nowhere lol!
    Glad I checked in today. Wish the blogger still did notifications. xxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL well my bike riding was going nowhere for years too. I am enjoying it. I was wondering where you were. I think I have written a couple of blogs since I last saw you here!

      Delete
    2. Actually this was the latest one since I was here last. I also posted a blog before I commented on this one. When I said my bike goes nowhere that's because it's an exercise bike that I ride when I'm doing my cardio workouts lol.

      Delete
  3. If you ask me (and you didn't) I'd say Google is trying to kill blogger so we might need to have a Plan B. Ending notifications to blog followers only makes sense if the plan is to kill it because they are not seeing enough ad revenue...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. Like when Yahoo 360 and Multiply did at their end.

      Delete
    2. Well I do cross post on Wordpress so if this goes down, I will still be there.

      Delete
    3. I haven't cross post in awhile. But if this goes down, I will post on Wordpress.

      Delete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...