Today I sat outside on my front porch and read for an hour. It occurred to me that I have not spent much time outside since my daughter died. I don’t know why, I just haven’t. It was nice out today, around 60 and I had just bought some new porch chairs so I said to myself “sit your butt out here on one of these chairs and read”. That is another thing I haven’t done much of, read. And I LOVE to read, so I don’t know why I have not read much in the last two and a half years.
You know what else I haven’t done? I haven’t written anything in forever. I used to love to write.
And I haven’t painted either. I took up painting a few years ago, and I loved it. But after she died, I just quit.
I guess I’ve been depressed. Not major depression, just that underlying depression that follows a person around, but doesn’t keep them from doing what needs to be done.
Well dammit, that is gonna stop, here and now. I am gonna read, and go outside, and paint, and write as I watch the world go to hell in 2024!!!!
So Happy 2024 to you all (soon as it gets here).
Much love,
Lia
It is understandable your routine changed since the passing of your daughter. Grief is a long process. I haven't read any books for awhile either. Sad because I love to read. I've also slacked playing guitar too. I need to get back to all that and write here too. While the world gets worse we can write here with the positive and take each day as it comes. Much love to you my dear friend.
ReplyDelete