I've spent that last few days going through my old posts, trying to get inspiration to write again. I think I am doing ok this week anyway. I figured if I just write something, anything, every day then I will be back on a roll.
Anyway, I normally cross post this blog over on Wordpress, but I don't feel like writing all of that down again, um typing I mean.
I just want to say, that in addition to reading all my old posts, I have gone to all the people I have followed over the years and it seems no one is posting, except on this site, RTalcott. But everyone else has flown the coop. Most have not posted for two to five years.
Now I think they might all be dead, but I have no way of knowing. Well, I do know one for sure is dead because I read that he had died awhile back. It just seems weird that absolutely no one writes anymore.
Oh well, I got my inspiration back so here I am!
Lia

look who I found....couldn't remember your 'handle'
ReplyDeleteBe sure to log in before you comment or just put your initial so I know it is you which I am assuming it is you ! D
DeleteI try to post...and I want to post but it doesn't seem to happen as much as I would like it to happen. As for people going silent...a number of years ago shortly after I found out a friend had passed I went "searching" for people from my past that I thought would be fun to contact and see how they were doing. I went looking (via google) for 15 people and found 3 vertical and 12 obits. I'm 73 and these people were maybe +/-5 years from that. Yes, people are "leaving."
ReplyDeleteI am glad you are still around and even if you post rarely, I appreciate you coming here to comment when I post.
DeleteTotal honesty....I look forward to your posts...this is one of the only sane channels of communication that I have...too many people are in my opinion too crazy because they are too stressed out and they all seem to want to non-stop talk at me...too much noise...stress and drama for me...I like to chill...low key...drama free and that goes well with freshly ground and brewed coffee in the morning!
DeleteWell then, I will have to really make an effort to write more often. Been busy this morning with breakfast guests who stayed most of the morning, so didn't have the time to post today.
DeleteAnd...WOW! Two posts in a few days! I saw the post above a couple days ago and had no idea there could be ANOTHER recent post below it!!!!
ReplyDeleteMaybe I am on a roll, or maybe I will post some and then go quiet. If I would sit down and write when I have thoughts in my head to share, I would do better, but by the time I get a chance, those thoughts seem to vanish. Maybe because I am 70? haha
DeleteSame happens to me...OR I will compose in my head but not have the energy & motivation to commit it to media of some kind and by the time I think about it again the details are gone...kinda like a dream...you wake up...remember it but a minute later...you are distracted and it's GONE! I am a firm believer that I have lost a lot of good thoughts this way but maybe I am a bit delusional!
ReplyDeleteHaha, no I don't think you are delusional. We have thoughts and good ones, but life's distractions get in the way or remembering (or maybe a bit of that is our age !)
DeleteHi Lia. I'm sorry you lost your desire to write, but I'm glad you got it back. I've always enjoyed reading your words. Unfortunately, somehow we lost touch :-( I don't know if you remember me, but I could never forget you, lol. I've written a book and published it on Amazon since we have last communicated. I hope you and your kids and grandkids are doing well. Take care. If you can remember my email address, drop me a line ;-)
ReplyDeleteOf course I remember you Michael. I was actually thinking about you the other day when I was watching something about your city. We are all doing fine. I will have to look to see if I have your email and drop you a line.
Delete