Monday, November 10, 2025

Listen to the wind blow


Today is the third day of walking over the causeway. It is getting easier, but there was a cold front coming through so my ears were freezing!  I didn't have to stop to rest except for once and that was more to pull my hood up so my ears would not freeze.   

I am still doing just once over and then back, but next week I am going to try to go over and back twice. Hopefully the cool weather sticks around for awhile because the first day I did this, it was warm and muggy and I don't like warm and muggy when I am walking or riding.

I have a meeting at the school tonight, so this is all I've got.  

Will try to post something tomorrow.

Lia

11/10/2025

4 comments:

  1. GREAT PROGRESS! Moving up to twice from once seems like a big jump this fast BUT if you can do it and still feel good the next day that is serious progress. I do like some uphill...it makes things less boring and it works the muscles. It's been chilly here too. I need to start walking again. I walk outside...it's 50 + sunny and I say to myself...You SHOULD start walking...and then I go back inside...tomorrow I say...tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I will do twice over, but one up and over and then once up and back down. I wasn't really thinking when I wrote that. I've actually gone 5 times now so it is getting much easier, but I am not going to push it too much. I know what you mean about putting things off until tomorrow. I do that myself more often than I would like to admit, but I will say once you get out there, if you can just go a short distance and each time add a few more steps, before you know you are getting a good walk in. Every little bit helps!

      Delete
  2. What you just wrote sounds more sane than what I thought you wrote in your first post. I have to start slowly and typically wait 2-3 weeks before I pile a bit more on. I have a nice walk that I can expand to ~3.5 miles with two nice hills and it allows me to start at ~2.5 miles with on long not to steep hill...the additional mile has a shorter steeper hill and I do that one on the way to my endpoint...and then again on the way back so it gets done twice and it really works the leg muscles. The cooler weather should help....I'll give it a try tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...