lately i've been drifting in a sea of nothing, no words, no emotion, no thoughts (that i can hang on to)
lately i have become withdrawn, living inside my head , listening only to the sound of the blood rushing through my veins, or the occasional thought that rushes through and out before i can take hold of it
lately i dream of nothing, nothing with any meaning, nothing to inspire me when i awake from the nothing sleep
lately i don't even notice the birds, do they even come around anymore?
lately i have become quite forgetful, or maybe lately, there is nothing i need remember
lately i put on a mask, so no one sees the nothingness of me
at this moment i force myself to tune into my surroundings
i hear the chimes tinkling as the wind blows in from the ocean
i see the sky, it is at the same time, blue,white, and gray, big puffy clouds floating by
i listen to the wind from a storm brewing just to the south and east
i feel an emptiness inside
and the dullness of a headache
lack of caffeine i suppose
so i sip my tea
and sit
and wait
for nothing
7/1/2014
lately i have become withdrawn, living inside my head , listening only to the sound of the blood rushing through my veins, or the occasional thought that rushes through and out before i can take hold of it
lately i dream of nothing, nothing with any meaning, nothing to inspire me when i awake from the nothing sleep
lately i don't even notice the birds, do they even come around anymore?
lately i have become quite forgetful, or maybe lately, there is nothing i need remember
lately i put on a mask, so no one sees the nothingness of me
at this moment i force myself to tune into my surroundings
i hear the chimes tinkling as the wind blows in from the ocean
i see the sky, it is at the same time, blue,white, and gray, big puffy clouds floating by
i listen to the wind from a storm brewing just to the south and east
i feel an emptiness inside
and the dullness of a headache
lack of caffeine i suppose
so i sip my tea
and sit
and wait
for nothing
7/1/2014
Thanks for sharing Lia. Very moody, fits the feeling of this day.
ReplyDeleteSteve, thank you for taking time to read and comment. I appreciate you
DeleteGood. A touch of dark ... a person in the interstices. Waiting.
ReplyDeleteI have my "dark" for sure my friend.
Delete( I had to look up "interstices" haha, it pays to increase my vocabulary as they say)
Personally I blame the weather. It gets muggy this time of year. (Wonderful poem, by the way.)
ReplyDeleteThank you Doug. I have my dark times, but the sun always comes back out :-)
DeleteIT TOUCHES ME IN MANY WAYS, WAYS THAT ONLY SOMEONE WITH A LIKE MINDSET, COULD! I SAY IT'S BEAUTIFUL, FOR THAT REASON, THANKYOU!!!
ReplyDeleteI know you can relate, and knew you would appreciate this writing. Have a beautiful day my dear friend.
DeleteLove the poem Lia..
ReplyDeleteWhen I read the first paragraph reminds me of Chinese Proverb " ---> Wú wèi : NONE OF or NO ACTION!
Thank you Lia for your sharing! I enjoyed! :-)
Have a good day!
*hugs*
Lia, I just posting New Blog on here!
ReplyDeleteIf you have time, check-out, ok?
Thanks! :-)
Rosa, I cannot read your blog because you have it set to private. You will have to send me and invite to my email in order for me to see it.
DeleteOk, I will setting to not private, cause I don't understand how to invite it! , maybe one day I will try it Lia.
DeleteThanks for your comments! :-)
Just set to public Lia! Thanks! :-)
Delete*hugs*