I didn't want to start the year out by "not" writing, though I am always kind of writing in in my head, mostly the usual nonsense, but sometimes something creative, though that usually happens after I go to bed in that time between being awake and drifting off to dream land (or dreamless).
Today was a day where I did almost nothing at all but sit and read. My sofa (couch) is quite warm from my butt sitting there all day .
I am thinking about getting a new one this year. I bought this one back in 2002 when I was working for the Brevard County Election Department . So that makes it almost 14 years old. I am trying to justify spending the money though. It is still in good shape and really comfortable with reclining seats on each end. I don't know why I am telling you all this. I think because I really have nothing whatsoever to write about and I am just winging it to fill up space.
I actually made it up till midnight and beyond last night. I went to bed just after 9 though. My daughter went out for the evening and of course I got the pleasure of keeping my granddaughter who has a cold . She was laying on the bed next to me and every time she would take a breath it sounded like a cooing pigeon and that kept me awake. Then the fireworks started all over the neighborhood and that lasted well past midnight. So I read for awhile then just lay there listening to the fireworks and sometime in the night I drifted off and slept like a baby till morning.
I was looking for a reason to show off my beautiful grandson who is now a healthy happy growing little guy. I'm still quite in awe of him and his little fighting spirit. When he was in the NICU I was sitting with him to give my daughter and son in law a break and Martin, the nurse who was on duty was telling me that he had also been on duty the night they flew Abel in from the Air Force Base. He told me that everyone was so amazed at the progress this little boy had made in just a few days. He also told me that they worked on him for over two hours and at one point they all looked at each other and said "we are going to lose this one". That still causes me to choke up when I think of it, especially after losing my other grandson almost two years ago to the day that Abel was born . But Abel had other ideas. He wanted to live and so he fought his way back and 2015 turned out to be a good year after all because of one little baby's will to live.
Ok enough of that . Don't want to let my "feelers" feel too much hahaha.
In case you all haven't figured it out, I love my grandbabies.
This little one is my angel and the one who lives here in town. She also spent a couple of days in the NICU when she was born and it was her little brother that we lost two years ago, so you can imagine how much I cherish this little girl.
Well, this wasn't meant to be a blog about grandbabies but they were on my mind so there they are .
Last night I was thinking of my youngest daughter who lives in Idaho. It was shortly after midnight my time when it occurred to me that she was living in another year than I was at that moment. That was sort of weird and unsettling for some reason. Time is a strange thing anyway...... but that is another blog.
I guess I should stop here . I do have two other grandkids and sorry to tell you, but I will be talking about them a bit tomorrow hahaha.
Goodnight my dear ones






Nite ... with no fireworks ...
ReplyDeleteNite darlin. Sweet sleep for you
Deletemy oldest G-baby is 20...............precious things they are.....always keep them close to your heart and you will never be lonely
ReplyDeleteI think children and grandbabies are what it is all about Lia. ...l could never figure out how or why l made it back from the war and l think that is why and what it is all about. ....l think you must be the best grandma. .....l feel really blessed the have had the honor to raise two really good kids and a grand baby with another on the way. ....enjoy every minute of it, l know you do.:)
ReplyDeletecount your blessings - you will come up with a magic number.... :) best of the New Year......
ReplyDeleteI actually made it to the ball dropping then I I was out for the night.
ReplyDeleteAwww our grandbabies are our joy. You are blessed.
Well now I know my blogging problem. I'm constantly writing and yet it's the not typing that's my undoing lol..
When we moved we ditched our sofa. Bought one a week before but it still hasn't arrived yet. So it's been interesting without a sofa to sit in...
Thank you for this treat
ReplyDelete