Friday, August 18, 2017

From the Archives -- We All Bleed Red

(This is something I wrote a couple of years ago.  It seemed quite apropos to post it again at this time)



Nation against nation
brother against brother
with war and violence
killing each other

Hate has you blind
and you refuse to see
that we all bleed red
and you won't be set  free

Till you open your eyes
and reach out your hand
to those you hate
from another land      (or of another color)

You have nothing to gain
from hatred and strife
when you believe The Lie
yet more people die

Listen to your heart
and think with your head
and try not to forget
that we all bleed red...


~Lia  7/28/2014




No comments:

Post a Comment

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...