Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Snippets

Since I have not been blogging much lately, I will just give you snippets of my summer and it will have to suffice for now because I think I have lost what little ability I have to write anyway.

My brother that lives in Missouri came to visit me in June. He stayed a few days and then left to spend two weeks in England. Two days after he came home, my little dog that was not really my dog died. She was old, almost 16 years, so it wasn't completely unexpected. She lived a good life and was active until the day before she died.  I'm glad my brother was here when it happened because I'm not sure I could have dealt with that alone.  Especially when my brother was holding her and she quit breathing for almost two minutes and we were talking about where to bury her, and suddenly she gasped and started breathing again.  It was like a horror movie.   But shortly after that she quit breathing again and that was it. Suffice it to say, we waited awhile before burying her. 

So here she is a few days before she died.  


 That was Snippet 1 a bit longer than a snippet I guess.

Snippet 2

I went to Georgia twice this year.  The last time I went up there, I was driving home and something flew off a truck that was in front of me and hit my new car. It sounded so loud I was sure there would be a dent, or a scratch or something, but when I was able to pull into the rest stop, I checked it out and there was not so much as a tiny ding on it, so I am happy about that.

Snippet 3 It's been hot as hello here in Florida and there has been a lot of rain which has caused my grass to grow to the point all I do is mow the lawn.  But the bright side is, so far no hurricanes and I am hoping there won't be any this year.  Two years in a row is more than enough for me even if I survived them both with next to no damage.  

Snippet 4  I spent two solid weeks painting my bedroom.  Well the painting part did not take that long, but I had to remove a wallpaper border that was here when I bought the house, and underneath that one was another one that the woman who owned the house before me had put up and painted over. It was godawful ugly and hard as hello to get off, so yes, two solid weeks on a job that should have taken no more than two days.   Who paints over a wallpaper border anyway???????

Snippet 5  I found out recently that my baby sister has an inoperable malignant tumor.  So I am quite bummed about this and it is part of the reason I have not felt like writing anything here.  She is 10 years younger than me so it sucks to even think about something happening to her.  I guess I will be making a trip to Tennessee where she lives just outside of Knoxville.  I should do that asap.

That is all the snippets for now because it really hasn't been a very eventful summer.  But at least I wrote something.

Have a nice week.

Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...