I was there when the sun rose
On that very first day
I witnessed the birth of mankind
I've seen men die in every possible way
And watched generations come and go
I've seen earthquakes and fires
Famines and plagues
And survived through it all
I've seen philosophers and leaders
Politicians and priests
Been witness to their every abominable lie
I've heard about all that man has to say
But unlike me, they seem to stop
Whereas I beat on to the tick of the clock
I was there when you were born
I'll be there when you die
I have no rhythm I have no rhyme
But through all these years
I am still Time
Yes my friend, I have seen it all
On that very first day
I witnessed the birth of mankind
I've seen men die in every possible way
And watched generations come and go
I've seen earthquakes and fires
Famines and plagues
And survived through it all
I've seen philosophers and leaders
Politicians and priests
Been witness to their every abominable lie
But unlike me, they seem to stop
Whereas I beat on to the tick of the clock
I was there when you were born
I'll be there when you die
I have no rhythm I have no rhyme
But through all these years
I am still Time
Yes my friend, I have seen it all
No comments:
Post a Comment