I took a walk through the land of Blogger and was surprised to find it has become like an old abandoned town full of abandoned houses where people left in a hurry, not bothering to take their belongings with them. If you have ever been in an old abandoned house, what is left behind tells a lot about the people who once lived there, the people who made the house a home, kept it alive. It's always quite sad to me, to see the everyday belongings of a person's life left right where they were used last, covered in dust and mold, or rust, or the droppings of rodents.
I always wonder what caused the person to leave, and to leave everything behind. Did they die? And if they did, was there no one who cared enough to come in and pack up their belongings, or maybe keep a few things to remember the person by? I've read of whole towns full of abandoned houses full of clothes, furniture, dishes, etc. Like the whole town left all at once for some reason unknown to anyone now. A mystery that may never be solved, but lots of stories could be told to try to explain what actually happened.
So, last night I wandered through the land of Blogger and I wondered what became of all these wonderful people. Funny people, intelligent people, creative people and some dull ones too. Where did they go??
There are so many blogs that people started here on Blogger. Some of them had written for years and then one day they just stopped. No word of explanation, just a blog that was posted as usual, like any other day, as if the person would be back the next and the next. But something happened and they never returned. Sure, some of them probably passed away. I wonder if their family knew of their writing or if the person kept it hidden from the people they cared about the most. Maybe it was a place where they could express thoughts that they could not express to their friends or their family. But oddly enough, they could express to complete strangers in the Twilight Zone. I can understand that, as I have done it myself from time to time through the years.
Regardless of the reason, I have enjoyed strolling through the land of abandoned blogs and reading what all the missing people had to say. I hope one day some of them will return and make this a thriving little "town" again.
As for me, I will blog till one day I don't anymore, and if that day comes, it probably means I am dead, or disabled, or locked away in some old folk's home with no internet access LOLOL.
I guess I will end this here, but I will be back!! I love my blog too much to leave it alone and lonely 🤭😍
I always wonder what caused the person to leave, and to leave everything behind. Did they die? And if they did, was there no one who cared enough to come in and pack up their belongings, or maybe keep a few things to remember the person by? I've read of whole towns full of abandoned houses full of clothes, furniture, dishes, etc. Like the whole town left all at once for some reason unknown to anyone now. A mystery that may never be solved, but lots of stories could be told to try to explain what actually happened.
So, last night I wandered through the land of Blogger and I wondered what became of all these wonderful people. Funny people, intelligent people, creative people and some dull ones too. Where did they go??
There are so many blogs that people started here on Blogger. Some of them had written for years and then one day they just stopped. No word of explanation, just a blog that was posted as usual, like any other day, as if the person would be back the next and the next. But something happened and they never returned. Sure, some of them probably passed away. I wonder if their family knew of their writing or if the person kept it hidden from the people they cared about the most. Maybe it was a place where they could express thoughts that they could not express to their friends or their family. But oddly enough, they could express to complete strangers in the Twilight Zone. I can understand that, as I have done it myself from time to time through the years.
Regardless of the reason, I have enjoyed strolling through the land of abandoned blogs and reading what all the missing people had to say. I hope one day some of them will return and make this a thriving little "town" again.
As for me, I will blog till one day I don't anymore, and if that day comes, it probably means I am dead, or disabled, or locked away in some old folk's home with no internet access LOLOL.
I guess I will end this here, but I will be back!! I love my blog too much to leave it alone and lonely 🤭😍

No comments:
Post a Comment