Friday, November 2, 2018

Morning walk at the river

I got a late start this morning and missed the sunrise, so decided to go walk down at the river instead of at the park near my house.



There were all kinds of birds down there this morning. A real bird lovers paradise so you know me, the crazy bird lady had to stop and talk to all of them and take their pictures.

One thing you don't want to do is stand under the street light when there are a bunch of pigeons sitting there. Unless of course, you like pigeon poop on your head!



This ahinga caught my eye as I walked by.  He wouldn't hold still so I wasn't able to get a very clear picture of him.  Maybe if I had had my other camera which is better at stopping motion. 



I know what this bird is, but the name slips my mind at the moment.  I know they are protected because when they were building the new mall here one of them made a nest on an old structure in front of that mall. They couldn't remove it until the nest was abandoned.  Oh I just remembered, it is an osprey.  See my brain isn't totally gone.



A heron, always one of them where there is water




Little sandpiper on a rock




Boats at the marina



So that's it for this morning.  I know you guys just love walking with me LOL.

Have a beautiful day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...