Everyday I tell myself this, and everyday I log in here and everyday I fail to post anything so I don’t know why I am here, but here I am so this is a post, such as it is.
The kids are moving in this Friday and once again it will be chaos here in my house. Three extra people doesn’t seem like a lot, but when two of them are “boys” (one adult boy and one grandson boy), the rowdiness and noise factor goes up exponetially.
Speaking of chaos… The last time they were down here a few weeks ago, I got out some fingerpaints for my grandson because he loves to paint . I am showing him how to make simple things like a house, a tree, the sun. He was fine with that for awhile and then he just started smearing paint around in a big mess. So then, like all little kids do, he points to the picture and says “what’s this?”. Now me, having raised five kids know better than to even try to say what a picture is supposed to be because I always get it wrong and then they get mad because I call a cat a dog or whatever. No, I learned it is better when they ask, to answer by telling them “why don’t you tell me about your picture”. That way they can tell you it is a cat, even if it looks like a dog
. But this time when he asked what his picture was, I said “it looks like you are depicting chaos”, So he says “picting chaos” and then he kept repeating CHAOS, CHAOS, CHAOS, which got my daughter and I laughing, which of course causes him to keep saying it. So everyday he wanted to paint chaos pictures.
I haven’t had the boards taken down off the back room (the all window room as I call it) because they are watching a few more systems in the Atlantic so I figured to just keep them up for the month of September till the height of hurricane season is past. So when he gets here this weekend, I am going to get my other grandchild to come over and I am going to let them paint chaotic pictures on the boards . I think his chaos picture was kind of prophetic because it was right before Dorian came through and although we didn’t get much from it, it sure was “chaos” for the Bahamas
.
I did finally get out to the beach this weekend to see what damage was left behind, but overall not much. A couple of the walkovers were damaged from the storm surge, but other than that, it was not bad. It didn’t wash the beach away like happens in those places that build those stupid sea walls. That is why I love my beach. It is all natural with no development at all so it survives storms like this.
I got a few pictures while I was there so here they are.
This first one shows the tide pool that looks like a channel carved into the sand. It normally isn’t there so that is about the biggest difference I saw.


A slight bit of the dunes were washed away, but they will replenish in no time.





And that is all I have for today. Have a good week everyone! 
Sorry about the awkward formatting. I cross posted this from my Wordpress account and it comes out quite different here.
ReplyDeleteLooks good to me. Glad you posted here as well. It's weird, I get an email since I subscribed to your blogger. If I just log in to my blogger, it doesn't appear in my reading list. Go figure, a Google once again weirdness lol. Love the pics. Your selfie is the best!
ReplyDeleteYou are no doubt smiling with the precious things your grandson says. So cute. Take the Chaos and turn it into a sweet adventure. xxo
Nice shots! Wish I was still near the beach...lived on both coasts of FL in my past.
ReplyDelete