Saturday, January 11, 2020

January 11, 2020

For some reason I wanted to type 2012 instead of 2020. Guess my brain shorted out there for a minute. We are already a third of the way through January. How did that happen?

 I remember when I was younger, it seemed like January took forever to get over. Maybe that was because I lived up north where it was freezing degrees through most of January. We used to have to stand outside in the mornings and wait for the school bus and it was cold as heck and not much warmer inside the bus. When I was real little, before I started school, my dad drove this old Ford. I don't know what model it was. I just remember it was old and the paint was all faded, and there was a little hole in the floor board in the back seat floor. Us kids would watch the road go by through that hole. Up there in Indiana, most of the cars that had any age to them were rusted out in one place or the other from the salt they would put on the roads during the winter. These days I think they put some kind of coating on the underside of the cars so that doesn't happen.

 Anyway, you don't know cold till you ride in and old Ford with a hole in the floor, whose heater barely worked, or maybe it didn't work at all. I don't really remember. I just remember being cold. The only thing that saved us was the scratchy, and I do mean scratchy old horsehair blanket we would cover up with. And of course our coats, hats, snowpants, mittens and boots LOL. Anyway, nowadays <--- a="" and="" as="" back="" basically="" before="" but="" by="" cooler="" could="" did="" do="" drag="" eternal="" february="" flies="" florida="" font="" forbid="" frozen="" god="" has="" have="" heat="" hinterlands="" humidity="" i="" in="" is="" it="" january="" know="" like="" live="" living="" most="" no="" nowadays="" of="" okay="" on="" one="" our="" parts="" see="" so="" summer.="" that="" the="" think="" to="" too.="" vengeance.="" was="" we="" weather="" when="" winter="" with="" word="" you="">

Hope the upcoming week is a nice one for everyone.

Much Love,

Lia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...