I'm late posting again. I just can't seem to find a minute to do it in the morning, but oh well, at least I am here.
I spent most of the day with my little granddaughter who is 8 years old. This is the first time in a long time that I had just this one grandchild here, so it was nice. We got to do things together without the little grandson wanting to play boy stuff!
She wanted to go to Hobby Lobby to get art stuff even though she has tons of art stuff here. Well I love Hobby Lobby so I didn't really argue. I realized I will never be able to stop working as long as my grandchildren are kids because I don't know how to say no to them. She decided she wanted to paint a tshirt. I thought that would be a great idea, something to keep her busy.
So we are moseying through the store and I get a tshirt for her to paint. Not bad, only three bucks and some change. Then we get the paint. It's a spray on paint for fabric. It comes in a set of several colors. Then she saw these iron on patches that she wanted, two of them. I'm like "okay, but be mindful of the cost, be a good shopper". I thought we were done then, but she says "Nana, can I get some letters to put on the shirt?" I'm thinking "hmmm, this three dollar shirt is suddenly looking mighty pricey!"
But me, being me, who can't say no to her grands, says "Okay, but that will have to be it. So she picks out nine iron on letters. I look at the price. Eighty nine cents....... A PIECE!
Well I let her get them, but I told her that was gonna have to be it. That her shirt would be too cluttered if she put anything else on it.
Anyway, here is her creation. FYI she is into those online games with her friends and she loves foxes, thus the theme of the shirt.

And that is it for now. I ended up spending almost 40 bucks, but I did get two flower pots, cheap ones, for myself.
Yep, I ain't gonna be able to retire!
Have a nice rest of the weekend my dears.
Much Love <3 font="">3>
Lia
Very Cool! Love your grand daughter's artistic talent!
ReplyDeleteI can see spending more than you had in mind. It's easy to do. (-;
She is quite proud of her shirt and I think she did a great job. She knew exactly what she wanted to do with it.
DeleteThe shirt came out VERY nice! My guess is that if you look in some catalogs and you will find a $50 price tag on them...SO you SAVED some $$$$s AND spent time with the granddaughter!
ReplyDeleteI like that way you think. That is a good way to look at the money spent. And you are right. A shirt like that with the actual patches and letters would probably cost that much so we actually got a bargain :-)
Delete