Tuesday, January 21, 2020

January 21, 2020



I got caught up watching, well actually listening to the stupid impeachment hearings and forgot to write today.
I was thinking of some things this morning to write about but now they are all gone, out of my head, leaked through the holes in my mind or something like that.
This writing everyday...
Oh well, I am the one who decided to challenge myself so here I am.
Yesterday I was talking about how there is not much to do in this town. Now don't get me wrong. There is the beach and there are lots of parks to hang out at if you like nature. That is all I really need. There aren't too many stores to shop in, unless you like Wallyworld or Target . There are a few others, but those are the two bigger ones. I hate shopping so it doesn't matter to me, but most women love to shop. There is an antique store here that has antiques and various vintage things. That store is full of old things. Anything you can think of. I love browsing through that store. It has all these little rooms with all this stuff, stuff, stuff. I found an old toy truck for my grandson which he really likes. And I buy old people there. Yes, old people. But that is for another post.
The one thing in this town that draws people from all over the world actually are the rocket launches. Most of those people are tourists from other countries that are in Orlando for the theme parks. Why people pay all that money for theme parks is beyond me. I hate theme parks. Disney, Universal, all of them. Just money suckers where you stand in line for hours for a one minute ride. Nope, not for me.
But back to the rockets. The other day, SpaceX launched a rocket and then after 90 seconds they deliberately blew it up. And then the capsule which is a test for manned flights came back down into the ocean. I got to see the rocket from my front yard as it went up, and then I got to see it explode. How cool is that?? So yeah, we don't have much to do, but we do have rockets and not many people can say that.
And that is that for today.
Much Love,
Lia

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of theme parks. I've never been to Florida but I have been to Disneyland a few times in California. First time was when I was 12. I went back a couple of times in the mid to late 70's. The cost wasn't like it is today. It was more affordable but I wouldn't say cheap. Like the concerts in our youth. They were affordable. Now the costs of places like Disneyland and concerts are way overpriced.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A one-day ticket to the Magic Kingdom is $109 and that is with the Florida resident discount. So not worth it to me anyway.

      Delete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...