Friday, February 11, 2022

Cobwebs and other things

 Yesterday I mentioned the cobwebs that my granddaughter pointed out.  I said it disturbed me because I am normally a thorough housekeeper.  But the real reason it disturbed me has to do with the funk I have been in.  Years ago, when I was in that dark place that I mentioned, I went through the motions day by day doing what I had to do and no more.   When that dark could lifted, one of the first things I noticed were cobwebs.  In the corners of the rooms there were cobwebs. In almost every room there were cobwebs. I was horrified.  I couldn't figure out why I never saw them.   Maybe, just maybe because I spent so much time being down, that I never bothered to look up ---- in more ways than one.   Anyway, just thought I would make it clear why those cobwebs the other day disturbed me so much.   Like I said, I am NOT going to get in that place again, but seeing the cobwebs that I didn't notice made me even more determined.  

I am continuing with my spring cleaning each day. This is a four bedroom house with a livingroom, a den, a kitchen, and two bathrooms.  This might take awhile...  

Yesterday I washed the ceiling in the kitchen.  Do you ever do that?  Do you realize how much grease accumulates on the ceiling, at least by the stove?  And the dust that sticks to the grease?   It's been awhile since I scrubbed the ceiling. I do the floors on a regular basis, but the ceiling is kind of a once every so many years, unless I am real motivated and then I might do it at least once a year.  So it is done and all sparkly clean , well maybe not sparkly, but clean at any rate.  So I won't worry about it for awhile, though I may make a point to at least clean right there where the stove is once in awhile.

Has anyone noticed how people coming out of the stores do not look for cars coming as they step off of the curb to go out to the parking lot?   I started noticing this around last year.  People don't look anymore. It has gotten worse this year for some reason.   Now I am not talking about old people (older than me), though they are bad about it too. I am talking young people, 50 and under, even 20 year olds.  They never look both ways. Covid must have made people more trusting so they no longer have to worry about someone running them over.  The thing is, drivers are not cautious anymore either. Everyone is in a hurry and they drive fast even in the parking lots.   Me on the other hand, I am a turtle in a parking lot. I don't want to run be going so fast that I run into someone who is backing out and didn't look, or who is stepping out into the parking lot without looking.  And me, I look both ways, then I look both ways again before stepping out.   I mean I don't want to be the one who gets hit by these cars that are driving 30 miles an  hour in the parking lot!  I value my life and besides, that would hurt to get hit by a car!   

I need to get back to my cleaning but I want to say this one thing----  


GO TRUCKERS!!!!! 


Much love,

Lia 2/11/2022

3 comments:

  1. Interesting that you picked up on the cobwebs...and good too....it can be easy to take a little slide ever so slightly into the abyss...it can be like being the frog in the slowly warming water...it's good to stay in touch with things.

    I did the ceiling thing (and top of the cabinets) in the kitchen of my Colorado house and clearly this had not been done for decades and yes the grease was thick and coated with a layer of high desert dust...it was an ugly job and took a few days. My back was not right for a few weeks after that project. I don't see to have that issue in this house...been here 3 years and while the kitchen needs a serious Spring cleaning it's not in the state of the Colorado house which was built in 1915 and had been a rental for many years.

    Yes...I see the same...people either have their face in their phone or they are in la-la land because they are not looking for metal monsters and many of the drivers are not looking for pedestrians. I am really careful all the time but even more careful in parking lots as either a driver or a pedestrian. These day I have no reason to be in a hurry (it's rather nice after years of tight schedules and phones constantly ringing) so I can go slowly and I do!

    I see in the last response I left (in you last post) I used hear instead of here....I am doing that kind of thing more often...I do know the difference and there was a time that that would never happen but it does now...guess I need to proofread things...it is irritating.

    And YES! GO TRUCKERS! The Truckers really made it clear what is going on everywhere...it's about control and $$$$$$ not about health. These vaccines are a HUGE $$$$ grab AND will probably result in many very bad outcomes in a few years. Interesting times....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping not to have to do the ceiling for awhile, though I probably will keep an eye on the area right above the stove. I am with you on not being in a hurry. I always have to wonder about these people that speed on by and weave in and out of traffic thinking they will get somewhere quicker and I always laugh because they end up at the same stop lights and the same traffic backups as everyone else!!

      As for putting "hear" instead of "here". I have noticed myself making those same mistakes quite often lately. I will be mentioning that in one of my blogs because I noticed it the other day when I was writing and that is another thing that is disconcerting for me because for the most part I try to be careful when writing. Anyway, think nothing of it. Us "older than kids" need to stick together!

      Enjoy your weekend my friend!

      Delete
  2. I'll have to clean my kitchen ceiling now that you mentioned it. I haven't done it for a long time. You have a pretty good size house like I do. It's a lot of work keeping up with it being it's just us doing the work.
    I have noticed people stepping out in parking lots not looking. Of any age group. It's been happening for a long time. And people drive way too fast in the parking lots. I'm like you, a turtle driving the lot. The other thing that bothers me is people driving the wrong way in the parking lots. Parking spaces are angle for two reasons. More parking spaces than if they were just straight and so traffic flows just one way.
    Crazy world we live in.

    ReplyDelete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...