In an effort to get myself back into posting on this blog, I figured I would start out with just a few lines each day and maybe, eventually I will go back to my long meaningless ramblings. 🤣
As you all know, I started riding my bike a few months ago. I started out going around the block, once haha. Eventually I worked up to three miles, then five. One day I was out on the trail and before I knew it, I had ridden five miles one way, so of course that meant I had to ride five miles back. Ten miles, yay!!!
That inspired me to push on and the next time I made 12.5 miles, then 15.
One beautiful morning I set out on the trail again. It was a nice cool Florida spring day.

Before I knew it, I had made it to the trailhead in Volusia county, one county north of here.

At this point the trail branches off. I briefly thought about turning around, but figured I would ride a bit down the trail to the right. It was very pretty, very rural and shady. I ended up riding 22.2 miles that day. It was a bit harder on the way back because I was riding against the wind. Well I had no choice but to keep going!!
My next goal is 25 miles. I am in much better shape than I was when I first started riding. I’ve lost 20 lbs between the bike rides, a better diet and my trusty treadmill lol.

Anyway, here are my few lines for today.
Tune in tomorrow 😁
Much love,
Lia
4/29/2023
WOW! 25 miles is a good training distance! I did the same thing when I was in the Denver area many years ago. I was staying at friend's condo in Littleton and it was a nice ride to Denver...don't remember how far the ride was but it took us a fair bit of time to get there and yes...on a regular basis...3-4 times/week REALLY gets you in good shape. GREAT exercise...easy on the body...couple this with some light weights or maybe Tai chi stretches (or Yoga) and you are on your way! Keep it up...maybe some photos of your rides too!
ReplyDeleteI have started with the light weights. I used to do that all of the time until I lost my daughter and I went for over a year in a kind of daze , but last summer was my wake-up call to start living again !
DeletePersonal experience...my best running was when I was in the gym 3 days a week doing lot of leg work. I REALLY built up my strength in general but the biggest difference was in my legs which translated into the best running time for me...by the end of the summer I was doing 6 miles at ~5:30/mile which for me is very fast...and I could feel the difference due to the strength in my legs. I would HIGHLY recommend doing some leg work to go along with your riding...nothing crazy...I always start with many light reps and slowly work my way up...BUT...weights + running or biking is a GREAT combination!
DeleteThat's awesome you're doing great with the bike! I've thought about getting a bike but for now I'm ok with my bike that goes nowhere lol. As you know there are months around here where you can't really ride a bike. Who wants to in snow anyway? Glad to see you posting. Hopefully I will get back into it again. (-:
ReplyDeleteI used to have one of those bikes that go nowhere, but I got bored with it, so now I have a walking machine that goes nowhere. Good for hot or rainy days LOL
Delete