Monday, May 1, 2023

Monday's few lines

 Sorry I didn't write yesterday. Some of  my kids and grandkids were here and I just didn't get around to it.  

So why did the gator cross the road? 


I saw this big boy on the way out to the beach the other day.  Sorry the picture is hazy, my camera lense was fogged up but I didn't want to miss this shot.  He was a big one!!!

Oh, the answer to the question was, he didn't cross the road. Held up traffic for a short time and then he acted confused and finally turned around and went back into the canal.  


You have to watch out for these guys this time of the year because it is mating season and they get quite aggressive. Ask the old man who got the bottom of his leg bit off a couple of weeks ago here in town. I stay away from any water in the springtime.  Well, not the beach, but there are no gators in the ocean.

I had my annual checkup this morning and she was pretty pleased with my progress.  

After I left there, I was able to get a short bike ride in, about five miles.  I just went on the bike trail near my house which isn't very long. I wish they would connect it to the other one a couple of miles away so there would be no riding on the streets, but I am happy to have this one so close.


You can't see it from this picture but we had a bit of flooding in low-lying areas. We had torrential rains this past week for several days and also a few tornadoes.  The other day we got hail.  I didn't realize until the next morning, but I lost a tree in my backyard. One of the maples next to the fence. It fell on the chicken pen, but luckily didn't really damage it.  It wasn't a very big tree thankfully.  Glad it was that one and not the one in the middle of my yard because that probably would have fallen on the house.

This is all I have for the day, but at least it is something.  I could probably write more but I have things to do this afternoon so I best get to em!!


Much love,

Lia

5/1/2023

6 comments:

  1. BIG gator! Never saw one during my time in FL and that's OK. I agree....don't like biking on roads that are non-slow speed residential and as I mentioned before...my one issue with SC is that there are no shoulders on the country roads and with the hills and sharp curves I would not want to be riding on these roads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know there are some gators in South Carolina in the Lowcountry, but probably not up by you. I do appreciate the bike trails here. It makes it easier and safer to ride

      Delete
  2. That's a big boy! I have never seen one in person since they aren't around here. I can't remember if I saw one at the zoo or not. That was too many years ago. I'm so glad you're doing great! I have a regular routine of exercise I do on an elliptical and my exercise bike. A couple weeks ago we had some nice weather so I got out and walked. It's been crappy weather lately so I haven't got a walk in. I plan on plenty of walking when the weather gets better. (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't remember if I hit "reply" so here it is lol. Not sure if you get a notification when I reply though. I wish they would go back to the way they used to do things.

      Delete
    2. Oh and the comment below was in reply to you....

      Delete
  3. I will have to tell the story about the gator up in Indiana when I was a teenager. I never saw one in the wild till I moved down here. They are all over the place in fresh water. Luckily not in the ocean or I would never get in there!!! It's hard to get started on an exercise routine, but once you do, you just have to keep at it even when you don't feel like it. It's amazing how much better we feel when we stay active.

    ReplyDelete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...