A couple of weeks ago, my granddaughter sends me a link to a recipe for breakfast sandwiches that she wanted me to make before school the next morning. Actually it was a TikTok video. I don't use TikTok, but I guess the young people love it and she looks for videos on how to make crafts and recipes.
So, after I woke her up for school I go to the kitchen and watch the TikTok video so I can see how to make this sandwich. Well the stupid video goes by so fast that I had to watch it a couple of times. My phone screen kept going black too which was annoying ! I sat the phone down on the counter and proceeded to make the sandwich.
About halfway through making the sandwich, I hear this cat meowing, a very faint sound, but I can tell it is in distress. At first I thought it was my cat who has a tendency to bolt into the garage when we open the door that leads out there from the kitchen. I go look but she is not out there and then I see her being her lazy self all curled up sleeping.
Again, I hear the meowing, and I am trying to figure out where it is coming from. I went to the other side of the house, and I can't hear it. I go back to the kitchen and I can hear it, but it is very faint. Still sounding quite distressful. It kind of sounded like it was in the attic, but there is no way for a cat to get in there. I went outside to make sure all of the vents were still there just to be sure because that would be the only way it could get into the attic if one of them had come off.
But everything was fine. I also checked up on the roof thinking maybe the cat was up there and couldn't get down. No cat. No cat in the tree outside either.
I go back in and I don't hear it. But then a minute later, I hear it again. I am beginning to think I am going crazy. It sounds like it is in the wall, the wall behind the refrigerator. Now I am trying to figure out how a cat could get in the wall. This house is built on a slab so there is no way for it to go under the house and up through the wall and there was no way it could have gotten into the attic and down the wall which I suppose would be the way a cat gets in a wall 🤔.
It keeps up with it's distressful meowing and I am starting to think that I am going to have to bust through the sheetrock and get that cat out of there. It was either that, or let it die a slow agonizing death and then stink for days. Well I am not that kind of a person to allow an animal to suffer.
I called my granddaughter in there and she too thinks it is coming from the wall behind the refrigerator. But then she gets this idea that maybe her Aunt B (my youngest daughter) had put something back behind the refrigerator that had a cat recording on it. I mean, that would be just like her to pull a prank like that.
So we start to pull the fridge out and then suddenly my granddaughter who has better hearing than me, figures out where the sound is coming from.
She says "Nana, that is coming from your danged phone!" What????
Well it seems that after I watched the sandwich video and my screen had gone dark, it went to the next video which was a cat meowing and playing on a loop.
I had turned the volume almost completely down on my phone because the sandwich video had some annoying TikTok music playing. Well me, being old, and my hearing not as good as it used to be and the screen being dark and all made it hard to know it was coming from the phone. But her being young and having good hearing realized it as soon as she got close to the phone.
Awhile back I wrote a blog post about how the Chinese are going to take over America without firing a shot by driving all the adults crazy. Back then it was because of the packaging they put everything in, especially toys and scissors because toys have so many of those twisty tie things on them and plastic covering the toy that it drives a person crazy trying to get the stinking toy out of the package. By the time you do, the kid has run off to play with an old box or a piece of string and they no longer care about the toy. And scissors.... they are packaged in this hard piece of plastic that you need SCISSORS to open. And why buy a pair of scissors if you already have scissors that will open that package.
Yep, they were halfway through driving us all crazy and then they came out with TikTok cat videos!!
We are doomed!
Lia
5/9/2023

A successful sandwich build? And...no photos?!? I've had similar things happen and at this point my go to solution is to look for a video playing in the background. I am tempted to get on Ticktock and Telegram because there are people I would like to follow with content that YouTube won't allow...things questioning the covid vaccine and other things that don't go with what the ruling class want us to hear about....
ReplyDeleteGo to Rumble.com. Those people all post there because so far there is no censorship. Also Brighteon.com run by the Health Ranger. No censorship there either. No pictures of the sandwich but it did turn out good LOL
DeleteLol! You're on to something there. Tik Tok is taking over!
ReplyDeleteAha! I found you, but there's no follow button here, but I did follow one of your other blogs and I have this one listed on my sidebar registry.
ReplyDeleteI added the Follow button up on the upper right, but something is screwy with the list of followers. I heard they were deleting people who haven't signed in in awhile.
DeleteLia...what has happened to this blog...I go to https://perfectmindstorm.blogspot.com/ and everything newer than this post is gone...and this one is from May 2023...
ReplyDeleteI have been working on fixing something on this blog. Everything will be back up shortly. Sorry
DeleteGot it...good to hear it's a You thing and not google making things go away!!!
Delete