Here Comes the Sun!
It’s been cloudy and rainy for what seems like weeks this past month. That kind of weather makes it hard to get motivated. This morning I woke up, walked into the livingroom and what do you know? SUN!!! A beautiful sight to see light streaming through the window. I started taking down some of the Christmas decorations. My little granddaughter went a bit crazy with decorating, but she was so happy and excited for Christmas that I just let her do her thing. If it was up to her it would be Christmas all year.
She even bought Christmas sheets for her bed 😊
Anyway, it is nice to see the sun today, and I am going to sit on my front porch later and soak it up and read some more of my book. But first I just wanted to say “Good Morning” to my friends here. You know you are always in my heart, even though I have been absent recently. Maybe I can do better this year.
Much love,
Lia
GOOD MORNING !

Good to "hear" from you! We have been suffering through a few days or rain and even more clouds and it does get old quick this time of year. Those plants look wonderful...I need something green and alive in the house! It is barely winter and I am already ready for spring!!!! Going to be another quiet New Year's Eve here and on to 2024 we go. Hope all is going well for you!
ReplyDeleteHi Richard. Well the sun was short-lived, it is cloudy again. Does nothing for my mood, but I did sit outside yesterday and earlier today. Quiet New Year's Eve for me too, which suits me just fine. I am not a party animal!! I have never ever , even when I was young, gone out for New Year's Eve. Hope you have a good year, in spite of this crazy world!
DeleteLike you...in my old age I need to see sun. A few days of clouds is OK in the summer but winter...even SC winter...it's tough. Yes...way too much crazy out there and I am fortunate that I can avoid it and I recognize and appreciate that fact every morning when all I need to do is grind my coffee! We can hope that 2024 is a little less insane BUT I have my doubts. Have a relaxing and quiet New Year's Eve to be followed by the same for New Year's Day!
ReplyDeleteLove the pic! I don't have any house plants. They don't last long anyway with me lol. As you can imagine not much sun here. You remember growing up where you did that the sun was absent many a day. A week before Christmas we got snow. On Christmas it was 50. Go figure! Since it's chill and freezing, normal Winter around here. I too am going to write more often, I know I have been slack but you know we get busy. Thank you for your friendship for all these years. I treasure our friendship. xxo
ReplyDeleteI wish we would get snow , ONCE, on Christmas or Christmas Eve. Hey lets both try to write more, even once a week is better than nothing. I cherish your friendship too Greg. Glad we still keep in touch even if sporadic!
Delete