Friday, March 8, 2024

Good Morning from my house to yours

 I love the morning sun peeking through the window.


I just got back from a short bike ride. I haven’t been able to go out to the trail for several weeks, but I am hoping to get back to it before the summer heat sets in, which will probably be any day now. That is the way it goes here in the land of eternal summer.

This is always the land of many critters. I have had three snakes in my house so far, which I guess isn’t that many over the course of 24 years. But still, how many of you can say you have had three snakes in your house at all? ๐Ÿ˜Š

Speaking of critters. A couple of weeks ago I was taking a shower and I looked down by my feet and there is something heading toward the drain. I thought at first it was one of my grandson’s toy dinosaurs that he plays with in the bath. I went to pick it up and it was not a toy dinosaur, it was a baby gecko!!! A baby gecko taking a shower with me! ๐Ÿ˜ I didn’t freak out since it was just a baby and it was the little grayish brown ones, but if had been one of those big pink geckos that hang out on my front porch at night, I would have freaked out and burned the house down!! For some reason those thing give me the creeps. They just look evil.

Now admit it, those things do not look natural. I think they crawled up from the pits of hell or something!

Anyway, I just wanted to stop in and say hello so you all would know I was still walking among the living.

Have a great weekend my loves!

Lia

3/8/2024

21 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are back on the bike.! I should be walking behind the lawn mower in the next week or so...it is that time of year. I should be seeing critters soon...don't have as many of the little guys here as you do but I do get deer at night.

    BIG news here is that I have a new stainless steel kitchen sink!!!! It's nice to have something that is easy to keep clean and does not stain...shows you how exciting things are and this is the way I like it! I hope you can find another new bike like the one you almost managed to get last year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Already mowing grass here. Once it got a bit warmer the grass began to grow. Not much of a break on that here in Florida.. I just saw the picture of the sink. That is nice!!! I am enjoying bike riding again. Didn't get much of a chance for awhile with various other things going on, but hopefully life slows down a bit now. Haha, I only hope!

      Delete
  2. I used to hate mornings but that was before I retired, now they aren't so bad, Good to hear that you are riding, it's good for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still hate mornings because I have to get up at 6 to get my granddaughter off to school. Yes, I have been riding for a couple of years now after not riding for a long time. I can tell a difference in the way I feel.

      Delete
  3. Hello...how are you doing? Helene gifted me with 8 days of no power but other than that all is OK...did you miss most of Milton?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, sorry to hear you were without power, but thank goodness everything is ok. My son lives up in Western North Carolina, in Fletcher, near Asheville. They were without power for several days, and 40 homes in his subdivision flooded, but thankfully their house is on a higher grade so they did not get any damage. The only thing we got from Milton was a lot of rain and about 5 big powerful gusts of wind. No damage other than a lot of palm fronds and small limbs from the trees out back, so basically just yard cleanup. I hope this is the last of these storms for the season!

      Delete
  4. Don't know why that came in as anonymous, but it is me ๐Ÿ˜

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good to hear you are OK. Western NC and eastern TN will be a mess for a long time. Your son was VERY fortunate! The east bank of a river I am near was 18 feet above flood stage and West Pelzer was flooded but on the east bank I'm ~120 feet up from the river so it was not an issue. Same here...strong gusts and much to clean up in the yard once things passed BUT my 5 pecan trees stayed up which tells me they are very healthy. This storm painfully cleared out many things that would have been long term problems so we should be in good shape here...life does go on and the Fall weather is SPECTACULAR...been spending time on the back lawn with a chair getting in some good reading time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Holey moley! Well I figured out why I couldn't comment yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I just saw that you got it figured out sort of :-)

      Delete
  7. I hope Santa was good to you and you have a good New Year's eve. It will be a quiet one for me and that is typical. On to 2025 which I suspect will be somewhat insane but hopefully we are observers and not participants. It's getting "cold" here and I'm hibernating looking forward to getting back to cutting the grass! On to the New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I went to bed at 9 on New Year's Eve. Didn't even hear the fireworks because my new windows block out sound for the most part. Sorry, I didn't see this comment when you posted it. Hope your year is going along smoothly. So far, so good for mine. ❤️

      Delete
  8. I should have replied to an existing comment so you would have received a notification but I did not think of that at the time. Yesterday it was 79 degrees...cooler now and rain coming but...looks like SPRING is here! 2025 here we go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been kind of hot here for the last week or so, after a colder than normal January. My gas bill was the highest it has ever been in the 24 years that I have lived here. Florida is strange with weather. It can be 35 degrees in the morning and 80 in the afternoon!

      Delete
    2. I was spoiled by the last week of late Spring weather...now it's lows in the low 30s to high 20s for the next 10 days...cloudy and mostly rain...do NOT like cold in my old age...in my deep dark past I enjoyed Winter hiking in CO, NM & MN....NO MORE! "Winter" was not bad here but I have had enough!!!!! Oh well...I am fortunate that this is all I can complain about...and Spring is NEAR!

      Delete
    3. I saw flocks of robins here yesterday. I usually only see them for a couple of days before they head north. So they are on the way bringing spring along with them to you !

      Delete
    4. I hope you are right! Just looked at the 10 day...2.5 inches of rain today then it's 9 days of mostly clouds, rain and lows in the mid 20s to mid 30s. I think I have become a cold blooded animal that needs to lay on a hot rock in the sun! I am looking forward to warm sunny mornings!!!!! Bicycle weather soon?

      Delete
    5. We really need rain down here. This is the dry season and the pollen is terrible. Luckily I don't have allergies, but my granddaughter does and it is rough on her. I've been out on the bike some this month. I need to get in as much riding as I can now before the hot summer gets here..

      Delete
    6. Another 3-4 inches for us over the next 4 days...it looks like this corner of northwest SC is as far south as this train of storms goes so unfortunately you will not see any of it. 10 day looks like mostly rain too! Good to hear you are on the bike! When I was hurricane-ed with no power I did some exploring and found a nice roughly 2 mile walking path that could be extended to ~3 miles....once the weather clears I need to get back to walking that 4-5 days a week in the morning. Will be mowing the lawn soon which will also provide some exercise! Sorry to hear about the allergies. I get them most places after 3 years but so far I have not had an issue here...been here since summer of 2018...they are no fun...hope you get some rain soon!

      Delete
    7. We actually got quite the downpour tonight. Sounded like a hurricane!! That should help wash down the pollen for a day or two anyhow. Hope your weather turns nice soon. It should anyway. When I lived in South Carolina, I would put my garden in mid-March. Never had any problem with frost or freezing after that time. You are a little further north from where I was so maybe end of March the weather should get nicer.

      Delete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...