Friday, August 1, 2014

I might have gone out in a blaze of glory

ok, maybe not a blaze of glory, but a blaze or a kaboom .  

2 AM, I am awakened by the dog barking furiously like I have never heard her bark before.

  I jump up out of bed,  thinking someone must be trying to break in.  I hear pounding on the door and look out the window , there are firetrucks and police cars all up and down the street in front of my house.  A policeman is standing there and yells for everyone to get out of the house NOW, there is a fire and a propane tank is about to explode . 

 I run and wake up my son who just moved back in three days ago. He jumps up and we run out the door and the policeman is saying "this way, this way, RUN" . I found out I can run REALLY fast .

So we run down to where they tell us to go. And then turn around to watch the fire. It is an RV owned by my next door neighbor and it is engulfed in flames and it is very close to my house because he parks it on the side of his house closest to mine. I'm thinking that my house is going to catch fire and burn too . They were spraying it down with one hose and trying to put the fire out with the other one. 

We are standing there watching and I tell my son, "I wish I had grabbed one of my cameras" . Well you know me, I am always looking for a good picture.   And my son says, "I sure hope no one from the newspaper is out here taking pictures" because he suddenly realized he was standing out there in his boxer shorts and nothing else.  This caused me to laugh and I told him, it could be worse, he could have been sleeping naked.  So we had a good laugh about that and about that time a policeman comes up and hands him a paper sheet to wrap up in.   I tell my son, "now anyone who comes up will think you ARE naked under that sheet {#rofl.gif}." So we both start laughing because see, you can find humor in just about anything in life and that is what we always do. 

Finally after an hour and a half the fire chief comes up and tells us that he has to inspect my house because the fire was so hot, it caused all the vinyl siding to melt off of half of one side of my house and he wants to make sure it is safe and structurally sound before we could go in. 

Well it is concrete block and stucco underneath, so luckily there was no other damage.   
As I'm standing there waiting, I start looking around and I realize "oh my gosh, this town has a LOT of eye candy working for the PD and the FD"  . Ok ok, I am old, I have the right to LOOK at least.  {#basic-mouth-shut.gif}  Don't worry, they were all way too young anyway, but whooooooooo hooooooooooo yessssssssss {#basic-blush.gif}{#basic-blush.gif}

Finally we get to go back inside but we are both too pumped up to sleep. So we are sitting there talking and then my son says "Mom, you do realize this sheet they gave me is what they give to rape victims"  !!  

So that is what I was doing up at  that crazy hour of the night.
  
I'm beginning to wonder since just the other day during the storm, the weatherman says "everyone in the vicinity of this and this street (the street behind my house)" take cover NOW because of a tornado threat, and then I am told to get out of my house at 2 AM in the morning NOW......... I'm wondering what is next and will I be so lucky?  {#basic-ohsnap.gif}

A few years ago a drunk driver plowed through this same side of the house through the concrete block wall into my garage. I am beginning to think my house is jinxed and it is time to move !

The End , tada!!!!!!!! 

EYE CANDY 


The neighbors RV


A bit of the damage

3 comments:

  1. congratulations on squeezing by the close call unscathed - more or less :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This kind of excitement you don't need! Wowza!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg ... heart failure!! I'm so glad you are ok!!
    Boo

    ReplyDelete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...