I really need to start writing these posts in the morning. I've been late posting this week and by the end of the day I don't feel like writing anything, or my brain has drained which isn't hard to do in my case.

I haven't actually done that, but one time I was in the parking lot at the grocery store and I started the car and went to leave and it wouldn't go into reverse and I am getting all grumpy thinking I am going to have to call someone to come get me, AND my groceries while I waited for a tow truck to get my car. Turns out, I had not put my foot on the break as I tried to shift into reverse. Duh me. I do other stupid things too, but since I am senile I forget at the moment what those things were. Just take my word for it.
The roofer finally came by to collect a check from me. I was pleasantly surprised. He had to replace a few boards on the roof in the back, but he only charged me for half of the cost of the boards and didn't charge for labor. I'm glad I went with him as he seems to be very honest and very diligent. I guess that is why he has been in business for over 30 years here in town. So hopefully this roof will last till I am sent off to the great beyond, but here in Florida roofs don't last as long as they do in other places. I will deal with that when the time comes, or maybe my kids will have shoved me into a nursing home before that time comes.
So today has been one of those gloomy overcast days which I hate because all I want to do is sleep. I was home today so I could have slept, but I didn't. Well that is a lie, I took a short afternoon nap. Little kids always hate when they have to take a nap. If only they knew that when they become "elderly", those naps feel really good. Anyway, I hope tomorrow is sunny because I need to get some things done around here and overcast days give me no motivation whatsover.

Full disclosure, I stole those images up there from the Twilight Zone.
So here are some pictures of my hibiscus that are blooming in the yard. I love these flowers because here in Florida they bloom year round, though they seem to do best when the weather is not quite as summery as most of our eternal summer is. Actually this next week we are supposed to have night temps in the 40's YAY!! But it won't last.



I also have a few tomatoes on the vine already. I probably said that a few posts back, but I always find it kind of neat that I have tomatoes growing in January. Just one of the many things I can't get used to even after living down here for 20 years...
That's it for today. I hope I didn't bore any of you, but I thank you for reading if I did.
Much Love,
Lia
Love the pics! Not much of a chance to see any flowers around here for awhile.
ReplyDelete