Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Just Dance

 My granddaughter has a Playstation 4 and one of the games is called “Just Dance”. There is a camera that comes with this Playstation and when you play this game the camera records the people who are dancing, which there can be at least 4 people at a time. Each person has an image that they follow along and try to copy the moves that image is making. Everyone gets a name. They gave me the name “Crazy”. Hmmm

The other day, she, my daughter and my six year old grandson were doing this “just dance” in my den. I went in there to watch them and the grandkids were begging me to dance too. Now these dances are pretty fast paced and quite seriously I am not much of a dancer. My dancing involves me and my broom in the kitchen and that is about as far as it goes. I told them “no, Nana can’t dance, at least not those dances”. But they kept begging me, so I gave in. I did tell them to scroll through the songs so I could see if there was anything more familiar to me rather than these “attitude” songs that they were dancing to. I don’t really know how to explain what I mean by that, but the songs remind me of a sassy teenage girl LOL.

I was just hoping to find something a bit slower, something for a 66 year old lady to be able to keep up. So when they came to “These Boots Were Made for Walking” . I told them I would dance to that one. I thought maybe I could keep up with an oldie like that.

Bottom line is, I won that dance. I actually won! But it was not easy because whoever wrote that program has jazzed this song up a good bit and it was NOT slow, nor were the moves easy. But I won.

There was a price to pay for my victory though. I pulled something in my left leg. The same leg where I had the bum knee for a year awhile back when I thought I could climb to the top of Bruneau dunes in Idaho and found out I was not as young and agile as I used to be, though I did make it to just a few feet from the top before I injured myself.

Anyhow, no more Just Dancing for me. I won…. Once. Once is good enough for me and I learned once again, that I am not as young as I used to be.

Have a great week my friends!

Much Love,

Lia 2/23/2022

4 comments:

  1. Always best to retire a champion...at the peak of your career! I was never a dancer. It is one of those many things I never saw any point to...now moon-walking in the FAB at 2 AM...that I could do...by hour 20 or so things get iffy.

    Rain the last few days...hoping for blue sky soon and maybe a few months of mellow before the heat and humidity get turned on. Tomorrow is going to be exciting...it's an Aldi Day...get to make the 16 mile trek to Simpsonville. Spring Cleaning officially starts next Monday!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am definitely paying for trying to be the champion dancer. I think I am retired from that career now !
      It's been sunny and warm here all week. We really need the rain because the pollen is so bad, grass pollen and the trees are getting their leaves back, so lots of tree pollen too.

      I still have a few things to do with my spring cleaning efforts, but I ran out of steam. I guess I had better get some gumption soon or it will be summer and too late

      Delete
  2. Awesome you won. Gold medal for you! I hear ya about not being as young as we used to be. I think I told you before I'm not much of a dancer either so I wouldn't volunteer for this dancing game. Now that I think of it. Like the ABBA song, you're the dancing queen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am the one time dancing queen. I don't know if it was worth it though hahaha. It was fun while it lasted, but I learned my lesson. Maybe I should take up knitting lolol.

    ReplyDelete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...