Whose bright idea was it to have women start shaving their legs?? It had to have been a man who suggested because no woman in their right mind would ever decide to put themselves in a position to have to do this ever few days. Then again, there are lots of women who are not in their right mind so there is that...
I wrote about this before as some of you may remember and normally I don't like to repeat myself (well, that is not exactly true in my old age now that I can't remember what I have said and what I have thought about saying!).
What prompted me to write about this subject again is the aggravation of it all. And now that I am old, I can be a grumpy old lady about some things. A few months ago, I decided I just wasn't going to shave my legs again. I've been doing this since I was around 12 years old when I suddenly became embarrassed about having leg hair since my friends had started shaving their legs and I was the only one who didn't. That is a long time to be shaving something that was meant to be there or nature would not have grown it there. As a matter of fact all body hair is meant to be there. I mean, if we actually evolved from monkeys as some tend to believe, then we should have hairy bodies right??
I used to swipe my dad's razor to shave my legs and then I had to be sure to wash it off real well so he didn't know I had used his razor. I'm pretty sure he would have kicked my butt if he found out because he was very picky about who used anything that belonged to him. I don't even know if they made women's razors back then. Maybe they did, but if not, someone came up with the idea to make women's razors which came in all different colors and styles. They used to be relatively cheap and worked well, but now you have to remortgage your house every five years to be able to afford them! Yes, that is a bit of an exaggeration, but they are way over-priced and the blades are so dull you might as well not even bother. Men's razors on the other hand have better sharper blades so I opt for men's razors most of the time and so do my daughters.
Anyway, to get back on track. I decided not to shave my legs a few months ago. But I ended up shaving them after a couple of weeks because once you shave them for so many years, you don't have leg hair anymore, you have leg whiskers and leg whiskers are annoying too lol. But I compromised on my decision by only shaving the bottom of my legs since most skirts and shorts cover the tops of the legs. Oh, the hair on the top of the legs is more like hair, so no leg whiskers there.
This morning I decided I was going to shave ALL of my leg, from top to bottom. Let me tell ya, it wasn't pretty so it is a good thing I have a strainer in my bathtub that catches the hair. After I was done, I went to clean it out and I swear I think I pulled out a whole gorilla!
So maybe it is true that we evolved from monkeys...
That's all for today.
Bye,
Lia 3/4/2022
The person who decided woman should shave their legs was probably a man. He also probably decided that women should shave under their arms too. In other countries it is still practice for women not to shave their legs etc.
ReplyDeleteI think when you started they didn't make women's razors at the time.
On a side note. I wrote about my problem not being able to comment on my blog. So I just tested that from the browser I normally use which is Firefox and it's the same problem. So I went to Chrome and logged in and then it wouldn't open my blog at all. So I hit the comments and came to your blog to read this post. It looks like my problem is a combination since you said you had the problem for awhile, of Google and it's blogger/blogspot apps and most likely something in the new Firefox or Google stuff that changed things. So yesterday when I went to Chrome, Google had me create a gmail to go with all the Google apps and made the email I was using the backup one. It also said I could use both to log in but as I just stated looks like there is monkey in mess somewhere. (pun intended.) It all goes back to how I got to Google accounts in the first place. Way back when I created a Youtube account. Not long after Google bought Youtube. Not long after that Google had me put all the accounts together even though at the time I only had Youtube. Well once that was done it gave me Google+ which is no more and after you pointed this blogger to me I created my page. I used my Yahoo email to create the Youtube originally and worked fine until two days ago. So whatever is going on it's become a hassle and I'm hoping it will get worked out. It came to my mind that when Multiply had problems and Yahoo 360 had problems it was the start of shutting those down. I hope that's not the case with Blogger/Blogspot.
Men's blades got bad at least a decade ago and maybe more. I went from being able to use one many times to 2-3 uses and it was dull...now I rarely shave. It's another example of things not only getting more expensive but also turning into garbage. I tried a straight edge razor and unfortunately I'm too old to learn to use that....with a bit of luck this is my biggest problem for the next few years!
ReplyDelete