Saturday, April 30, 2022

I'm not crying




 Just a little sad as I watched my only son drive off into the sunset, well technically it is morning but you know what I mean.

I guess this last year or so is teaching me to let go of things I cannot hold on to.  

And he will not be that far that I can't make a trip once in awhile though it won't be as easy as getting into the car and driving up on a whim like I used to when I wanted to travel.

He and his fiancee are moving to Fletcher, NC just outside of Asheville.  His job is up there, covering the whole state of NC and he is making six figures, so good for him.  I always told my children to follow their dreams and never look back, don't have regrets.  

I spent yesterday helping them load the truck so this morning I am sore!  I guess I am not as young as I used to be.  Hahaha imagine that 🤣.

So he is off on the next step of his life's journey and I am happy for him.  

And now I have to wake up my granddaughter so she can go to SeaWorld with her step-dad.

I hope everyone has a wonderful day.


Much love, 

Lia

4 comments:

  1. Yes...sad he is leaving BUT HAPPY for him that in these very uncertain times this is a GREAT opportunity...like most things it's mixed AND you know how nice it is up here so you can really enjoy the visits. It's starting to get warm here and a bit humid in the morning......and it's grass/tree pollen season and I need to mow the lawn for the second time! I too have been packing up...thinking about selling the house in the Fall and yes...after a few hours of packing and moving boxes I am toast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm very proud of him. He is only 34 and has really done well for himself and that is good since they are expecting a baby in September. I will miss him, but I have to let my children live their lives doing what is best for them. Good luck on selling the house. Hopefully the market will still be good then and that you can find what you want at an affordable price. They are outrageous here.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure your son will come visit you. I'm glad he's following the path of the career he loves. Yes it's true it's not as easy as it used to be to just get in the car and take a trip. It's always good to have a second driver with you. It's never easy seeing them leave to another land so to speak. (((Hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't expect to see him back down here to visit until next year since they will have a new baby in September and I doubt they will want to travel with the baby. But he will come visit at some point once the baby is a bit older.

      Delete

Merry Christmas

 Merry Christmas to all. Sorry I have not been on lately.  I had a bad cold and cough starting at Thanksgiving. I was finally getting over t...